We’re committed to keeping your data secure, your private information private, and being transparent about our practices as a business.
Version: 1st August 2021
From the start, Remote Filming has cared about your privacy and respecting all our Clients and Users. Protecting the data of everyone we work with is of the highest importance to us, and we go to great lengths to make sure we keep it safe.
We take your trust and right to privacy seriously and work continuously to keep your digital footprint small and in your control. Nevertheless, to enable you in your flow and to improve and secure our service, we need to process some personal and /or corporate information. For privacy-related questions, please reach out to our Data Protection Officer via email@example.com
This statement covers the processing activities of the Remote Filming services, software, websites (including browser extensions) and/or applications (together: “Services”).
The Services allow you to transmit and broadcast your films, photographs and events or other Content (together: “Content”). The Services may be provided to you online, in the form of a mobile and/or desktop application(s) and/or may be integrated in a third-party service.
We collect and use personal data described below in order to provide you with access to our Site and Services in a reliable and secure manner, for our current and future legitimate business needs, to make sure we do what we promise you and to comply with legal requirements.
By using any of the Services you agree to have read and understood our Privacy and Cookie Statements below.
You should also know that we will never sell or rent your personal data to anyone or any organizationn.
With regard to the personal data of individuals located in the European Union and for the purposes of the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 which protects natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) which came into effect on 25 May 2018 (the legal framework that sets guidelines for the collection and processing of personal information from individuals who live in the European Union) and the UK’s Data Protection Act 2018, or any subsequent amendments to any related legislation or replacement or supplementary legislation (“Data Protection Law”), the Data Controller is Remote Filming Limited, 5 Eton Garages, Lambolle Place, London NW3 4PE United Kingdom.
We may collect data by automated/non-automated means and process information about you from the following sources:
(i) Information you give us
(a) You may give us information about you by filling in and submitting enquiry forms on our Site or by corresponding with us by telephone, email, WhatsApp, messaging service or other communications channels. This includes information you provide when you participate in demonstrations of our products and services, download apps or subscribe to our services (“Services”) or register to view videos on our Site, or receive marketing-preferences-authorised emails and documents from us
(b) The information you give us may include your name, address, email addres and telephone number/s, company details, job description/s, photograph/s, project/s
(c) Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) you visited and arrived from, including date and time of access your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system version, and platform, date, and time of access to different site features, page response times, download errors, page visit length/bounce rates, page interaction information, and methods used to browse away from the page and any telephone number used to contact us.
(ii) Information we receive from other sources.
We may receive information about you if you use any other services we may provide. In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data that it may be shared internally and combined with data collected on this Site.
(iii) Information collected by third parties
We are also working closely with third parties (including for example, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, analytics providers, content delivery networks, compliant marketing databases) and may receive information about you from them, including:
Google: to enable email communications with you and provide Site analytics data. HubSpot: to manage contacts and keep a record of communications/ interactions with customers
Stripe: our cloud accounting system that stores email and names of persons sent invoices by email as well as data required to prepare and send you valid invoices for our services.
We use your personal information in order to provide our Services, to comply with legal obligations and to advertise our Services to you and to keep you informed of new Services and improvements to the Services, and to keep our Services safe and secure.
Please find below how we use your personal information specifically and on what legal grounds we base the use of your personal information.
1. Service: the most important reason for using your personal information is, of course, to offer you our Services as mentioned in our Terms of Service, for example to transmit or broadcast your Content or to let you access the Content across different devices;
2. Support: we provide a wide range of support services to help you out whenever you’re in need, for instance when you need technical assistance. If it’s needed to offer support, the Support-team can, on your request, access your device/s to help you out;
3. Account & billing: to maintain an accurate and up-to-date address book to facilitate payment of your fees to us and perform accounting, auditing & billing activities;
5. Improvement & development: we evaluate the use of our Services to improve our Services, fix bugs, develop new products and services. We do this either by market research (for instance by sending out surveys) or by performing analyses. We do this to understand how our User base interacts with our Services and what they think of them, and how they believe they can be improved;
6. Marketing, advertisement & communication: we may use the information we have about our Users for marketing and (interest-based) advertising as well as communication and to provide information. In order to find the right audience for these advertisements we will look at certain segments of people. For instance, people who use similar Services as ours, people who share the same characteristics as our current Users. In order to communicate with our target audience, we might use email, SMS or MMS messaging or ads in publications in print and/or online which have been identified as relevant. Moreover, based on the frequency of use of our Services or the types of Content you stream, we might promote one of our (other) Services, features, or price offers.
7. Legal: in so far as necessary, we might use your personal information to defend Remote Filming in legal proceedings in relation to or as a result of your use of our Services, following a court order, abiding by any law, regulation, or governmental request, cooperating with law enforcement, cooperating in fraud investigations of third parties, safeguarding national security, defence, public security, and to uphold our Terms of Services.
Each processing activity has a valid legal ground, which is described below:
1. Contractual obligations with you: regarding the activities and purposes mentioned under 1, 2 and 3. We need to process personal information to offer our Services through our websites and mobile apps, to provide (technical) support and to bill your subscription fee;
2. Legal obligations: regarding the activities and purposes under 3, 4 and 7 above. We’re legally obliged to process your personal information for accounting purposes, to respond to legal requests and NTD- or DMCA-requests (Digital Millennium Copyright Act);
3. Consent: (partially) regarding activities and purposes mentioned under 2 (e.g. accessing your Content for support) and 6, except when we communicate direct marketing in relation to our own and similar Services to you as a paid User;
4. Legitimate interests: (partially) regarding activities and purposes under 1 & 3 (e.g. to provide cross-device access). For the purposes mentioned under 4 in order to provide safe Services, to prevent fraud and react against illegal use of our Services. For our innovative interests as mentioned under 5. And finally for our (direct) marketing, brand interests under 6 and legal & compliance interests as stated under 7. When we use your personal information based on our or a third party’s legitimate interest, we will make sure to balance your rights and freedoms against said legitimate interest. If, to the extent applicable, you wish to object to the activities based on our legitimate interest and there’s no opt-out available in your account settings or received communication, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Remote Filming has several partners to operate and improve its Services. Furthermore, we may share or allow you to share your information as part of some of the Services.
1. Service providers: such as our hosting provider, User support provider, IT & software providers, analytics, and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimization of our Site; such as Google Analytics, our payment processors, email processors and professional advisors acting as service providers to us in relation to the Site – including lawyers, bankers, auditors, and insurers on an as-needed basis but not part of day-to-day activities;
2. People and social media: you may choose to share your Content with others, directly or on social media.
3. Law enforcement agencies or regulators: we are obliged to share your personal information in case of a legal request. In case we run across CSAI or when we’re notified on other illegal Content we’ll also share your personal information with law enforcement agencies.
4. Business partners: we collaborate with advertising partners, marketing and communication agencies. We do this for (interest based) advertising, branding and reaching out to you. Our advertising partners implement their own tracking cookies which fall under their terms of services and privacy & cookie statement. Please find a list of all third-party cookies and their privacy policies here.
5. Integrated services: if you decide to integrate (one of) our Services with another service (such as Slack or your social media account) we will connect that service with ours. In order to provide such service, we will need to share some of your personal information with that service. The terms and privacy & cookie statement of these third parties applies, at least for their part of the connection.
6. Remote Filming entities: we share personal information between entities which are part of the Remote Filming group in order to provide our Services and for all purposes mentioned under “Why do we use your personal information?”.
Our Services are global, and your information (including personal data) may be stored and processed in any country where we have operations or where we engage service providers, and we may transfer your information to countries outside of your country of residence, which may have data protection rules that are different from those of your country of residence.
In particular, this means that your personal data will only be transferred to a country that provides an adequate level of protection (for example, where the European Commission has determined that a country provides an adequate level of protection) or where the recipient is bound by standard contractual clauses according to conditions provided by the European Commission (“Standard Contractual Clauses”).
Our Site and Services are accessible via the internet and may potentially be accessed by anyone around the world. Other Users may access the Site or Services from outside the EEA.
This means that where you chose to post your data on our Site or within the Services, it could be accessed from anywhere around the world and therefore a transfer of your data outside of the EEA may be deemed to have occurred. You consent to such transfer of your data for and by way of this purpose.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the Site or Services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share any password with anyone.
Transmissions within Remote Filming are encrypted and secure.
Unfortunately, transmissions of information via the Internet to Remote Filming, may not be completely secure. Although we will endeavour to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Site or the Services.
Any transmission is at your own risk.
Once we have received your information, we do use strict procedures and security features in the effort to prevent unauthorized access.
Our Site and Services may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of others. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies.
Please check these policies should you choose to submit any personal data to these websites.
We retain personal data for as long as necessary for the relevant activity for which it was provided or collected.
This will be for as long as we provide access to the Site or Services to you, your account with us remains open or any period set out in any relevant contract you have with us. However, we may keep some data after your account is closed or you cease using the Site or Services for the purposes set out below.
We may retain personal data where reasonably necessary to comply with our legal obligations (including law enforcement requests), meet regulatory requirements, maintain security, prevent fraud and abuse, resolve disputes, and enforce our legal agreements with you. If you set up an account with us, we will retain de-personalised information after that account has been closed.
Please note: After you have closed your account or deleted information from your account, any information you have shared with others will remain visible. We do not control data that other Users may have copied from the Site or Services.
Our Site and our Services are not intended for and shall not be used by anyone under the age of 18. You can see more about this in our Terms of Service.
You have the right under Data Protection Act (UK, 2018), free of charge, to request:
(i) Access to your personal data
(ii) Rectification or deletion of your personal data
(iii) A restriction on the processing of your personal data
(iv) Object to the processing of your personal data
(v) A transfer of your personal data in a structured, machine readable and commonly used format
(vi) Withdraw your consent to us processing your personal data, at any time.
Different countries have different privacy regulations, and it is Remote Filming’s policy to respect everyone’s rights and base requests from you for information about what data we have about you, if any, on the principles of the Data Protection Act.
The Data Protection Act 2018 is a United Kingdom Act of Parliament which updates data protection laws in the UK. It is a national law which complements the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation
We will send you marketing emails if you “opt in” to receive marketing emails when registering on our Site, or if you have enquired about, or purchased any of our goods or services or we have acquired your details from a correctly formatted database of opted-in records.
Please note that, if you change your mind about being sent marketing emails you can “opt out” at any time by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any marketing email. Once you “opt out”, you will no longer receive any marketing emails from us. We will continue to communicate with you regarding your service billing and support via email.
We send push notifications from time to time in order to update you about any service updates, events, and promotions we may be operating. If you no longer wish to receive these communications, please disable these in the settings on your device.
How safe is it to share your personal data with us?
Remote Filming takes technical and organizationnal measures to protect your personal information against loss or other forms of unlawful processing.
We make sure that personal information is only accessible by those who need access to do their job and that they are properly authorised. That means we limit the amount of people that have access, and we make sure that personal information can only be read, copied, modified, or removed by properly authorised Remote Filming staff. We monitor internal activity to ensure the safety and accuracy of personal information.
Remote Filming staff are required to conduct themselves in a manner consistent with the company’s guidelines regarding confidentiality, ethics, and appropriate usage of personal information. Staff are required to sign a confidentiality agreement.
All complaints, questions and matters relating to data privacy should be emailed in the first instance to Anthony Barry – email@example.com
You have a right to object to our use of your personal information, for instance when the legal base for processing is based on one of our legitimate interests. If you inform us that you do not longer wish us to process your personal information or to be approached, Remote Filming will move your personal information to a separate file. Your personal information will no longer be used for the specified purposes, unless our legitimate interest, for example safety & security, outweighs your right to objection. You can request this via firstname.lastname@example.org
Please state clearly that your request concerns a privacy matter and more specifically that you are exercising your right to object.
If you think we have infringed your privacy rights, you can lodge a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority. You can lodge your complaint in particular in the country where you live, your place of work or place where you believe we infringed your right(s).
When you’ve provided your consent for us to process your personal information, you can withdraw your consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of processing activities based on consent before its withdrawal. If you withdraw your consent, we will no longer process the personal information which we’ve received based on your consent.
We strive to provide great Services, but there are certain things that we can’t guarantee.
To the fullest extent permitted by Law, Remote Filming and its Affiliates, Suppliers and Distributors make no warranties either express or implied, about the services.
The services are provided “as is”.
We also disclaim any warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement.
Some places don’t allow the disclaimers in this paragraph, so they may not apply to you.
a. changes to the law,
b. new regulatory requirements, or
c. improvements or enhancements made to our Services.
If an update affects your use of the Services or your legal rights as a User of our Services, we’ll notify you prior to the update’s effective date by sending an email to the email address associated with your account or on our website or via an in-product notification. These updated terms will be effective no less than 30 days from when we notify you.
If you don’t agree to the updates we make, please cancel your account and/or your bookings before they become effective. Where applicable, we’ll offer you a pro rata refund based on the amounts you have prepaid for Services and your account/booking cancellation date. By continuing to use or access the Services after the updates come into effect, you agree to be bound by the revised Terms.
We don’t exclude or limit our liability to you where it would be illegal to do so.
This includes any liability for Remote Filming or its Affiliates’ fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation in providing our Services.
In countries were the following types of exclusion aren’t allowed, we’re responsible to you only for losses and damages that are reasonably foreseeable as a result of our failure to use reasonable care and skill or our breach of our contract with you. This paragraph doesn’t affect Consumer Rights that can’t be waived or limited by any contract or agreement.
In countries where exclusions or limitations are allowed, Remote Filming, its Affiliates, Suppliers or Distributors won’t be liable for:
i. Any indirect, special, incidental, punitive exemplary or consequential damages, or
ii. Any loss of use, data, business, or profits, regardless of legal theory
These exclusions or limitations will apply regardless of whether or not Remote Filming or any of its Affiliates have been warned of the possibility of such damages.
If you use the Services for any commercial, business or re-sale purposes, Remote Filming or any of its Affiliates, Suppliers or Distributors will have no liability for any loss or profit or loss of business, business interruption or loss of business opportunity.
Remote Filming and its Affiliates are not responsible for the conduct, whether online or offline of any Users of the Services.
Other than for the types of liability we cannot limit by Law, as described in this section, we limit our liability to you to the greater of $500 USD or 100% of any amount you have paid for the Remote Filming Services you are using at the time of the alleged problem.
Let’s try to sort things out first.
We want to address your concerns without needing a formal legal case. Before filing a claim against Remote Filming, you agree to try to resolve the dispute informally by contacting email@example.com
We’ll try to resolve the dispute informally by contacting you via email in the first instance. If a dispute is not resolved within 21 days of submission, you or Remote Filming may bring a formal proceeding.
You and Remote Filming agree that any legal proceeding to resolve claims relating to these Terms or the Services will be brought in Courts of England and Wales, subject to the mandatory arbitration provisions below. Remote Filming and you consent to venue and personal jurisdiction in such courts. If you reside in a country (for example, a member state of the European Union) with laws that give consumers the right to bring disputes in their local courts, this paragraph doesn’t affect those requirements.
But we both agree t all we can to come to an agreement we are both content with and that that agreement will be binding on us both.
We can also opt to arbitrate the dispute with an independent arbitrator we are both happy with. Some countries. Like the USA, have a formal process for this arbitration and such guidelines are a useful approach to dispute resolution.
You may only resolve disputes with us on an individual basis and may not bring a claim as a plaintiff or a class member in a class, consolidated or representative action. Class arbitrations, class actions, private lawyer general actions and consolidation with other arbitrations aren’t allowed.
These Terms will be governed by The Courts of England and Wales. However, some countries (including those in the European Union) have laws that require agreements to be governed by the local laws of the consumer’s country. This paragraph doesn’t override those laws.
These Terms represent the whole agreement between you and us with respect to the subject matter of these Terms and supersede and replace any other prior or contemporaneous agreements, or terms and conditions applicable to the subject matter of these Terms. These Terms create no third-party beneficiary rights.
Remote Filming’s failure to enforce a provision is not a waiver of its right to do so later. If a provision is found to be unenforceable, the remaining provisions of the Terms will remain in full effect and an enforceable term will be substituted reflecting our intent as closely as possible. You may not assign any of your rights under these Terms, and any such attempt will be void. Dropbox may assign its rights to any of its affiliates or subsidiaries, or to any successor in the interest of any business associated with the Services.
How to contact Remote Filming
Our support team is available via firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions, please email us in English, to make sure we can help you in the best way.
If you have questions about the way Remote Filming processes your personal information or the personal information Remote Filming stores about you, please contact Remote Filming by sending an email with your question to email@example.com