In order for Remote Filming to remotely log on to your computer and install our streaming app, we need access to your computer. For this process we use Splashtop SOS, see below for how to set this up.
Setting up Splashtop SOS #
- Please click the following link to download our SOS app sos.splashtop.com
- Double click the SplashtopSOS.dmg or .exe file (normally in your downloads)
- A pop up window will appear, double click the plus icon
- Please grant the app all the required permissions for use (Accessibility and Screen Recording)
- SOS will show you a 9 digit code, share this code with your our Support at the scheduled install time
Setting Permissions for Mac #
Please navigate to System Preferences (see below for exact pathways) and allow Splashtop SOS. You will need to enter your computer password once to authorise the changes. This gives us temporary access to the computer whenever you provide us a session code.
- System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy > Accessibility > Splashtop SOS
- System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy > Screen Recording > Splashtop SOS
- System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy > Full Disk Access > Splashtop SOS
Step by Step Video Walkthrough – 1min 13sec #
On the Shoot #
On your shoot if you need tech support we will need to access your computer again. Please double click the SplashtopSOS.dmg or .exe file and share the 9 digit code. As permissions have already been set during the install process they won’t need to be done again.
Alternative Options #
If Splashtop SOS isn’t loading on your computer we use AnyDesk as an alternative. Please click anydesk.com and download and follow the same process as above for permissions. After all is set share the code with our Support at the scheduled install time and let them know you have used AnyDesk.